The calendar has flipped to 2021 and as we continue to battle the COVID-19 pandemic in our community, we are asking our readers to resolve to support their local businesses. Now, more than ever, it’s important to adapt the “I Love Jamaica Avenue” mindset and help local retail survive. Local shopping creates local jobs and activates our local streets. Invest in downtown Jamaica. Here’s a few tangible suggestions for you:
- Make purchases locally instead of ordering from online warehouses outside of your community. This ensures that jobs and valuable services remain close to home.
- Write a positive review on Yelp, Google, Facebook or other public forums for your three favorite businesses.
- Follow your favorite Jamaica Ave businesses on social media and engage with their posts.
- Give Jamaica Ave businesses a shout out on your own social media (don’t forget to tag the local business so your friends can start following them too).
- Sign up for their newsletter.
Although these ideas are widely known, it’s a good idea to be reminded of how you can help.
View the rest of our E-newsletter here.