Relief for last-minute holiday shoppers!
We’re celebrating Halloween on the Avenue with a new special event on Saturday, October 26 at Rufus King Park (150-29 Jamaica Avenue) with a variety of FREE family fun activities including music, arts and crafts! Afterward, be sure to support local businesses for FREE treats and shop while you’re there. Costumes are encouraged! Please help spread the word!
Schedule of Events for
Family Fun on the Ave – Saturday, August 17
The following free activities will take place the entire time of Family Fun on the Ave (11 a.m. – 3 p.m.):
- Games on the Street – Connect Four, Giant Jenga, Hula Hoops, Giant Checkers, Jump Rope, Badminton
- Coloring Area – A variety of coloring books and pages for kids and adults
- Mini Golf – Three holes of mini-golf on the street
- Face Painters – Two face painters (shared tent – 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
- Bricks 4 Kidz – Educational Program
- Hands-on History – King Manor Museum
- A Variety of Community Organization Tables
- The Uni Project
Noon – 1 p.m.
- Afro-Latineers performance on the main stage in front of the Jamaica Center for Arts and Learning location and the Chase Building
1:15 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.
- Edge School of the Arts presents Omar Edwards on the main stage in front of the Jamaica Center for Arts and Learning location and the Chase Building
2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Miss Keila’s Jukebox Music performance on the main stage in front of the Jamaica Center for Arts and Learning location and the Chase Building